In 2016 we made a complete redesign of the Stevens AeroModel Squirt™ 400 exclusively for publication in balsabuilder Magazine. The balsabuilder version of this classic radio control, electric powered, model features a plans-built friendly laser-cut parts package and support for 1/2A fuel powered engines.
This laser-cut parts package is designed to augment the plans, published in Volume 1 | Issue 4 of balsabuilder magazine, and have been enhanced with numerous helpful interlocking building aids which greatly simplify the assembly process. Unlike the laser-engineered Stevens AeroModel design, the balsabuilder version of this iconic model was developed to satisfy those seeking a more traditional model building experience. Construction of balsabuilder designs therefore favor the use of a building board and t-pins. This more traditional build will reward the hobbyist with a deligtfully strong airframe featuring clean lines and beautiful open “stick” frame work to enjoy.
This product has been designed for 1/2A fuel powered model aircraft engines but is suitable for coversion to Speed 400 electric power.
Included with this purchase:
- Laser-cut formers and required strip wood stock
Required to complete this model:
- balsabuilder Magazine Volume 1 | Issue 4 (includes plans and construction article)
- Engine, PAW .060 (diesel) | MP Jet .061 (glo) | Speed 400 (electric*)
- Servos, 3 Hitec HS-55
- Radio, 3 Channel with micro receiver
- Hardware; push-rods, control horns, wheels (see the construction article)
- Covering, 1 Roll (AeroFILM**)
*We offer an optional laser-cut parts package and motor mount to simplify the electric conversion. **AeroFILM is suitable for glo and electric applications only.